Kidney Research UK is the leading national charity dedicated to funding research that will lead to better treatments and cures for kidney disease. We fund a wide range of research needs; supporting innovative ideas, establishing future research experts, and underpinning work that will build on advances and scientific breakthroughs. Further information regarding the types of research we fund can be found in our Research strategy here.
This Grants Management System is only accessible to registered users who will be accessing the system for one of the following purposes:
- Applicants applying for research grants, by completing an expression of interest or full application form online;
- Co-applicants to review and complete their sections of an application;
- Collaborators to confirm their involvement in an application;
- The Institute’s named representatives, to check and approve applications;
- Reviewers selected by Kidney Research UK to peer review applications.
Before making an application, it is important to read our Regulations and Conditions for Applicants and Recipients and the Portal User Guide, available next to the ‘Register’ button below.
Please also ensure that you read the Update below regarding how we will use and safeguard any personal data you provide to us.
We also jointly fund awards (MRC, NIHR, CSO, ISN, Daphne Jackson Trust) and the relevant partner should be approached in order to apply.
Applicants will first need to complete an Expression of Interest form
New user - You will need to register before you can use the portal.
Existing user - If you have either applied for funding or have undertaken a review for Kidney Research UK previously, your email address should already be in the system, in which case you will need to use the "forgotten password" link and follow the steps to reset your password.
When you have gained access to the system:
- Select 'My Applications' from the lefthand side menu, under your name;
- Click on the 'New Application' button; and
- Press 'Apply' against the type of grant for which you want to submit an expression of interest.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Research Operations team at email@example.com or on 01733 367848.
We will use the information you provide to consider your application, contact you about your application and perhaps in the future ask you to be a peer reviewer on grant applications within your specialist area.
We promise to keep your details safe. We will never sell your information to a third party. If you change your mind about your communication preferences or want to stop receiving communications, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 303 1100.